I took on two new blog coaching clients this week bringing my group of coaching clients up to 14. They are both in big business and it’s interesting what we are learning from each other.
Lesson one – people still don’t understand how people search and and what phrases they are looking for.
My business coaches love the phrase “finding clarity”. Market Samurai tells me that 5 people a day want to find clarity. A heck of a lot more want to know about strategic business planning, how to increase profits, how to goal set and how to increase performance. What you do may not be what people are looking for. You need to understand how your ideal client talks in order to know what they are searching for. If in doubt, ask.
- Ask questions on Twitter
- Ask questions on Facebook
- Ping them an email
- Pick up the phone and ask existing clients what they would look for to find you
- Send out a survey
- Get a keyword / phrase report
Lesson two – it’s hard to say no to people who are not your ideal client
- Visualise your ideal reader often and write only for them (and yes, this post is just for you)
- Don’t be scared to say no
- Refer if you can’t say no
- Be honest, trust is hard to gain and easy to lose
Lesson three – Knowing is different from doing
Lesson 4 – SEO isn’t a dark art
- Complete meta descriptions so that they entice the searcher to click. Yes, a call to action in your meta description
- Categorise the post correctly
- Tag your images
- Optimise your titles
- More about optimising your WordPress blog for SEO
We can use two headlines and you might think bah! two headlines… but two will get you better results than one. Click on the image to see how.
Lesson number 5… it’s never too late
It’s never too late to add a call to action, add an email pop-up or try something different. Experiment. Make older content stronger using thing like Scribe. Optimise a few posts that are not converting very well to see if they can do better. Add an image where there is none. Trying something different may take you out of your comfort zone a little but you can learn a lot, says she who has taken to coaching an internet marketer.
Over to you, what have you learned about blogging this week?
PS you are welcome to share what you are stuck with – we can work out a solution for you
You want your blog to make a difference, so subscribe hereand stay in touch, my updates will help you achieve content marketing success.