A few weeks back I published a post on adding your company page to LinkedIn. As bloggers we can add our information products and services to our LinkedIn company pages giving us another route to market. The last step on that post was be to ask people to follow your LinkedIn company page which is where I left you
LinkedIn has a range of sharing buttons and widgets for you to use.
One of those is the recommend on LinkedIn widgets and it can be added to your products page so previous customers can indicate their experience.
You will need this snippet of code
And it will look this on your page:
The next step is to grab your companies unique ID.
1. Search your company name, this is important as you need the company ID number
2. Click company page
3. In the browser bar is our company URL
4. Highlight the part after, the number. My number is 1477667
5. in the snippet of code highlighted you will see a section saying company ID
6. Replace Company ID with your company ID number.
7. Next add your product ID number.
8. Click the product you are looking to get recommended.
9. Locate the number in the browser bar
10. Then add the product ID in the snippet of code the same way we did with the company ID snippet.
The code now looks like this
When you have the code personalised to you, add it to your product page on your website / blog relating to that particular service.
Having no “recommends” looks a bit sparse on your page so I would email out to customers that have used that service and ask them to recommend using the button if they were happy with the service.
Now this is valuable two ways, it gives you are reason to get in touch with existing customers and check everything is ok. It is a good conversation starter. If something isn’t ok, you get some feedback and you can rectify the situation, then follow up with an email apologising. Good customer service and making your customers feel their opinions count If everything is cool with your existing customer then you can have a friendly chat and remain in their mind.
From the email out to existing customers you will get some “recommends” giving you valuable social proof.
Let me know how it works for you and we may ask to feature you in our “Lovin’ LinkedIn” ebook which will be sold to raise money for our girls in Uganda.